Beware of Graphics
From my recent experiences, I observe that at least 30 % of the errors ignored in a finished learning content are the text in the illustrations.
Most of the artists I've worked with are masters in creativity. However, their ATD runs low when they are to add labels and text to their masterpieces. Prevention is better than cure. I just thought I would share a few things that I check in an illustration when I review them.
- Spelling errors in the titles and labels
- Appropriate casing of text in the labels and titles
- Sequence of elements to be shown in an illustration as against the content
- Direction of arrowheads, if any
- Legibility of text against the background (contrast)
- Background of the illustration and the ambient colour when integrated with the content
- Naming convention followed for the image files (this helps when the illustrations are integrated with the content while composing or authoring)

1 Comments:
Thanks Shafia. I'm sure you will make a great reviewer :)
I will check the spelling before I post these messages on my blog.
By the way, the idea is to get the message across (ignore the spelling errors)
Post a Comment
<< Home